The lawyers in Tripp Scott’s insurance practice group use our recognized skills as trial and appellate counsel on behalf of policyholders, third-party claimants, brokers, agents and insurers in disputes involving all major product lines, including, Business Interruption, Commercial General Liability, Directors & Officers Liability, Employee Benefits, Employment Practices Liability, Environmental, Errors & Omissions (professional liability), Health Insurance and Property & Casualty coverage. We are well-known for our skills in high-profile – and complex – coverage disputes, but we can also efficiently counsel individuals and businesses facing routine matters such as reservations of rights, coverage opinions, claims management and supervision of outside counsel.
The firm has represented State Insurance Agencies, Individuals and Businesses. Our experience includes past representation of insurance companies which has afforded a unique understanding of industry practices and coverage issues.
We have extensive experience in matters concerning:
- Insurers bad faith handling of claims
- Insurers delay in payment of claims
- Underpayment of claims by insurers
- Coverage disputes and defenses raised by insurers
- All litigation including cases against insurers to prove coverage, breach of contract, bad faith, etc.
- Independent coverage and conflict counsel representation
- Supervision of insurance appointed defense counsel
- Providing coverage opinions and evaluations
- Assisting in the preparation of claims including the proof of loss and examinations under oath
- Assisting in the negotiation, preparation, submission and management of claims.
We distinguish ourselves by combining our knowledge of insurance coverage principles with a creativity honed through hundreds of trials.