Jeffrey Fauer, a Director with Tripp Scott, focuses his practice in the areas of probate litigation, trust litigation, complex business litigation, and condominium litigation.
An AV® Preeminent™ Peer Rated attorney by Martindale Hubbell®, Fauer has represented clients at all stages of litigation, from inception through trial. He has prevailed in a variety of cases including will contests, personal representative removal proceedings, trust disputes, contested guardianships, shareholder and partnership disputes, and general contract matters. He has been recognized by Super Lawyers®, part of Thomson Reuters, as a “Rising Star” naming him as one of the top 2.5% of lawyers, by South Florida Legal Guide as a “Top Up and Comer”, and by Florida Trend Magazine as one of Florida's Legal Elite. In addition to his trial practice, Fauer has authored multiple appellate briefs and engaged in all forms of alternative dispute resolution.
• Represented co-trustee in nine-figure trust contest and multijurisdictional litigation involving real and personal property.
• Represented personal representative in enforcement of seven-figure promissory note; obtained reversal of trial court order and published opinion in Bach v. Vladigor Investments, Inc., 325 So. 3d 41 (Fla. 4th DCA 2021).
• Represented surviving spouse and surviving shareholder in protracted estate litigation and associated derivative action involving business and elective share valuations and ownership interests in various companies.
• Represented children in contentious guardianship litigation involving incapacity of parent and validity of estate planning documents and ancillary documents.
• Represented clients in litigation alleging undue influence and lack of capacity in connection with deeds to real property.
• Represented siblings in action to remove personal representative and for surcharge, in connection with wrongful spending and maladministration of an estate.
• Represented trust beneficiary in arbitration matter involving mold damage to condominium penthouse and reimbursement for expenses by trustee of marital trust.
• Represented condominium association and obtained favorable judgment at trial in lawsuit involving an easement agreement and repairs to a sea wall.
• Represented beneficiaries in will contest asserting undue influence and lack of capacity, as well as claims for tortious interference in connection with amendments to will and claims of theft from Decedent's bank accounts.
• Represented guardian of minor child in estate litigation matter involving child's entitlement to share of homestead real property. Obtained favorable outcome at trial.
• Represented yacht purchaser in litigation seeking reimbursement of purchase money on theories of fraudulent inducement and fraudulent misrepresentation. Obtained substantial reimbursement of purchase funds.
• Represented and defended salon owners in action alleging theft of trade secrets and defamation.
Before joining the firm, Fauer worked as a summer associate at Tripp Scott's Fort Lauderdale office. While attending law school, Fauer clerked at Murray & Simmons, a Fort Lauderdale real estate law firm. Prior to that he interned at King & Spalding in Atlanta, Ga.
Active in the community, Fauer has participated in numerous charity fundraising events and has served as General Counsel and Board Chair for Leadership Broward Foundation.
Fauer holds a law degree from Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., where he was a member on the American Trial Lawyers Association Honor Society and the Sports & Entertainment Law Society. Fauer holds a bachelor's degree in economics from Emory University in Atlanta, where he was a member of the track team.
Honors: Bar Scholarship Recipient